Administrative Asst IV - Employment and Disability Institute-21814
The ILR School is seeking an Administrative Assistant IV for the Employment and Disability Institute. This position will provide administrative and program support to the Project Director(s), related PIs and project personnel for externally-funded research projects in the Employment and Disability Institute, which is a research, extended education and technical assistance program of a national and regional scope that provides research, information and training on disability and the workplace.
Areas of responsibility include: providing program coordination support to project personnel for disability related projects including organizing meetings, maintaining timelines, and maintaining course materials in Moodle; information dissemination management including proof and copy editing written materials, managing publications and assisting in grant proposal preparation; manage certification process for EDI participants including CRC and HRCI credits; and general administrative and fiscal support.
The position demands the ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize work on projects working simultaneously, and the ability to work successfully under pressure with minimal supervision at a variety of tasks within a fast-paced, team-oriented, diverse office setting.
- Associates Degree and a minimum of four years of experience in an office setting (preferably research-based) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple tasks while working simultaneously under pressure within a fast-paced, office environment.
- Must possess the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to interact tactfully with diverse groups of individuals.
- Ability to take initiative and be a pro-active team member.
- Must have outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including proofreading and editing skills and experience taking meeting minutes.
- Expertise in Microsoft products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with event planning.
- General database operating knowledge.
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in a related field such as human resources, organizational behavior, rehabilitation, sociology, social work, program evaluation, or a related field of research, etc.
- Prior experience working with Adobe InDesign, HTML or other web development tools desirable.
- Experience in proofing and editing technical and scientific papers in the social sciences.
- Experience with Moodle Course Management System.
- Experience with project planning/management software.
- Experience with grant submission process.
- Experience with webinar event support and platforms.
- Knowledge of Cornell University travel and reimbursement and payment request systems.
- Demonstrated history and continued commitment to Cornell Universitys ideals and Staff Skills for Success
Background check may be required. No relocation assistance is provided for this position. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery and engagement. Located in Ithaca, NY, Cornell's far-flung global presence includes the medical college's campuses on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and Doha, Qatar, as well as the new Cornell Tech campus to be built on Roosevelt Island in the heart of New York City.
Diversity and inclusion have been and continue to be a part of our heritage. Cornell University is a recognized EEO/AA employer and educator.
Organization-Industrial & Labor Relations, School of
Contact Name-Tonya Eiklor
Number of Openings-2
University Job Title-Administrative Assistant IV