Bellevue College is seeking Spanish Full-Time Tenure-Track Faculty for the World Languages department in the Arts & Humanities division, starting Fall 2014. Our mission is to provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere where learning and using language is challenging, interesting, and accessible to all by encouraging our students to take intellectual risks, to develop empathy, to expand their cultural and ethnic identities, and to understand their places as world citizens. The instructor shall perform under the general direction of the Vice President of Instruction and is responsible primarily to the Arts & Humanities division Dean. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Teach 15 credits (3 courses) per quarter at the first- and second-year levels on a variety of days and/or times
- Design and facilitate student learning experiences that enable student success and achieve learning outcomes for assigned courses
- On-going curriculum development, revision, and implementation through inter- and intra-departmental cooperation and collaboration
- Participate in the life, culture, and development of the department, division, and college (such as serving as faculty advisor, mentoring of department colleagues, etc.)
- Maintain current knowledge and skills in discipline and area of assignment
- Foster a positive, supportive, equitable learning environment where differences and pluralism are valued and all students have opportunities to be successful learners
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Spanish, the Humanities, Social Sciences or Education
- Native or near-native proficiency in the Spanish language, both spoken and written
- Two years teaching experience in Spanish at the community college and/or university level
- Experience working with diverse student populations, including those with physical and learning disabilities and those from differing socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Experience in practicing the values of pluralism and multiculturalism through pedagogy and interpersonal/collegial relations
- Experience and willingness to instruct in various teaching modalities (face- to- face, hybrid, online)
- Experience in assessing student proficiency for placement in the appropriate level language class
- Experience with adapting a variety of teaching and learning strategies in a multi-cultural, multi-ability classroom
- Experience living in a country where Spanish language is spoken
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts related to teaching and learning theory, curriculum development, and assessment of learning outcomes
- Proven leadership ability and evidence of effective intercultural communication skills, collegiality, and working collaboratively with colleagues in an intercultural department
Applications received by February 9, 2014 will receive first consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until position is filled.
To apply, go to www.bellevuecollege.edu/jobs and review the full job announcement, required documents to be attached, and full application instructions.
Internal Number: 013127
Setup a Job Alert
to be notified when similar jobs are posted.
Back to top