- Knowledge of the professional goals of the departments, specific subject matter, audience characteristics, and requirements as they affect program administration.
- Skill in designing assessment and evaluation procedures to assess student needs, progress and program effectiveness.
- Knowledge of field of ESL teaching; Master's Degree in related major, or equivalent combination of education and experience; experience teaching in ESL classroom or Adult Basic Education settings.
- Ability to make oral group presentations to provide information and explain policies and procedures to groups of participants.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with students and employees, in writing, on the phone, and in person regarding policies and procedures, and to exchange information and ideas.
- Ability to work with students, faculty, staff, and clients in a supportive and professional manner.
- Skill in interacting with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of assisting students, faculty and staff.
- Skill in writing routine business correspondence using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information and explain policies, procedures, etc.
- Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes in workload, pressures of deadlines, and competing requirements.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Skill in coordinating and organizing orientation meetings and events, etc., by determining the time, place, agenda, and sequence of actions to be taken to run the function smoothly.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of campus resources and University procedures.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
** Please note this is a 2-year contract position. **