Contra Costa Community College District
Psychology Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00227
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $59.70-$84.36 per hour
Description of Position
This is an adjunct faculty position for the Psychology Department.
E-mail Mary Beth Hartshorn, email@example.com
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D4500-Social Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Masters in psychology OR bachelors in psychology AND masters in counseling, sociology, statistics, neuroscience, or social work OR the equivalent. Please fill out an equivalency form and upload in the attachment section of the application.
College teaching experience; the ability to teach a student body
diverse in age, ethnicity, and academic skills; the ability to teach
a large number of courses from our Psychology offerings including: Critical Thinking in Psychology; Introduction to Psychology; Psychology of Adjustment; Psychology of African-Americans in a Multicultural Society; Psychology of Latinos/Chicanos in the U.S.; Psychology of Women; Biological Psychology, Psychology of Adolescence; Lifespan Development; Psychology of Personality; Social Psychology; Abnormal Psychology; Transpersonal Psychology; Research Methods in Psychology.
Job Open Date: 06/28/2016
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Creating an applicant pool for future hires.
# of Months: Academic Semester
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency