Contra Costa Community College District
Adjunct History Instructor
Posting Number: F00256
Location: San Ramon Campus
Salary: $59.70 - $84.36 per hour
Description of Position
Provide exemplary instruction, in accordance with approved course outlines, to a student body diverse in age, ethnicity, and academic skills. Experience teaching college-level history.
The ability to teach a large number of courses from our offerings:
HIST-120 History of the United States before 1865
HIST-121 History of the United States after 1865
HIST-124 History of California
HIST-126 The American West
Please review our college catalog for additional information on the above mentioned courses: http://www.dvc.edu/communication/catalog/pdfs/catalog1617.pdf
Prepare and grade class assignments and exams. Inform students of their academic progress of course requirements, and evaluation procedures.
Maintain scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines.
Please submit an online application.Melody Phillips Satellite Business Services Coordinator email@example.com
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: S4720-Applied Arts and Social Sciences
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Masters in history OR bachelors in history AND masters in political science, humanities, geography, area studies, womens studies, social science, or ethnic studies OR the equivalent.
(If you do not possess the listed degree, you must upload the equivalency form provided in the online application.)
Job Open Date: 11/04/2016
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
# of Months: as needed
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency