Responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of customer service by providing direct IT support to students, faculty and staff in their university activities and by supervising the Help Desk technical support staff. Provide second-tier support to end users for personal computing devices, server applications, and hardware. Handle problems that the first-tier of Help Desk support is unable to resolve. Provide administrative support and reporting
1. Directly assist clients with credentialing needs via phone, email, chat, or in person and support clients with desktop computing, data communication, network connectivity, and telecommunications Coordinate support efforts to resolve system outages. Act as subject matter expert for Help Desk
2. Provide leadership, training, supervision, and growth opportunities to direct reports. as needed
3. Compile daily, weekly, monthly, and/or annual metrics report.
4. Actively participate in the Help Desk communications team to deliver timely and accurate notifications to the campus community; communications include system outage notifications, special announcements, and general IT notifications.
5. Complete administrator tasks within ITSM, Wiki, Live Support, and Help Desk workstations
6. Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing websites and pages for Help Desk and/or IT projects
7. Create and update knowledge articles in Wiki, documentation, and web pages.
8. Provide quality assurance and act as client advocate by reviewing all open tickets, communicating between other OIT groups and the client
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate’s Degree in related field and four years of related computing work experience; or the equivalent experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required: Experience providing customer service in a Help Desk or technical support environment;
Experience supervising, training, and leading teams;
Knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment;
Knowledge and experience utilizing and supporting Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS;
Knowledge and experience using ADUC, Exchange Management Console, and LDAP;
Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information;
Knowledge of web development principles, tools, and best practices;
Experience and knowledge of HTML and CSS;
Experience creating innovative solutions;
Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
Ability to clearly communicate complex instructions to audiences of varying skill levels
Familiarity with multi-lined phones systems; Prior experience supporting students, faculty, and staff in a higher-education setting;
Experience performing quality assurance tasks such as creating reports, reviewing tickets, providing feedback, monitoring calls, surveying clients, etc;
Desire to continue to learn and grow professionally and personally;
Call center experience;
Diversified customer service background in a computer related field;
Experience utilizing PeopleSoft, UTShare, Office 365 Admin, Exchange Admin Console, Listservs, Cascade Server, Sharepoint, SecureDoc Console, Box Admin, DUO Admin, Splunk, wiki, and Live Support;
Experience with help desk tracking software such as ServiceNow, ITSM, heat, or remedy;
Experience managing social media accounts;
Knowledge of the University’s brand standards;
Knowledge and experience with mail or server administration, and experience developing;
Teaching technical courses to novice computer users;
Knowledge and experience in creation of webpages using Expression Web, Dreamweaver, Cascade Server, or MS SharePoint;
Knowledge of the UTA’s brand standards;
In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft and Apple operating systems, smart phones, and other mobile devices In-depth working knowledge of common applications used on above machines (ie, Microsoft Office Suite)
Research and data-mining aptitude
Strong time management and planning skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
The ability to work independently and collaboratively
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent phone etiquette
Strong triaging skills
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1)Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, major.
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Open Until Filled: Yes