Porter-Gaud School is an independent, Episcopal, coeducational day school for 900 students in grades 1-12. The School is seeking an Upper School History Teacher who will be responsible for instructing fifth grade school students in Ancient Civilizations in accordance with the content and objectives of the curriculum prescribed by the Middle School division.
- Instruct students in history in accordance with curriculum requirements and objectives, making use of technology, textbooks, primary sources, and other instructional materials as appropriate. This position will emphasize experiential learning.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and assessments that address multiple learning styles.
- Develop the analytical abilities of students in both verbal and written expression.
- Evidence enthusiasm for and continued development of content knowledge in subject matter.
- Establish and actively maintain a class environment where excellence in learning is honored and where respectful interactions between and among students are valued.
- Participate as an active team member within the History Department, the Middle School faculty, and the School community, demonstrating a commitment to the well-being of all Porter-Gaud students and to the best interests of the School as a whole.
Reporting: The Middle School History teacher will report directly to the Head of the Middle School.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Please choose one method of application.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Mail cover letter and resume to:
Middle School History Teacher Position
300 Albemarle Road
Charleston, South Carolina 29407
Porter-Gaud School is committed to increasing the racial, ethnic, and religious diversity of our faculty and staff. The School welcomes applicants who would bring additional dimensions to the School's teaching mission. In accordance with law, Porter-Gaud School is an equal opportunity employer and hires without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender, age, or disability.