Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must possess a terminal degree (MFA or an equivalent degree) in advertising or advertising design. (Candidates with an undergraduate degree and substantial professional and teaching experience with demonstrable skills may also be considered.) Candidates are expected to be active, practicing professionals with a distinguished record in advertising.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- A strong background in concept development, advertising history, art direction, digital media, video production, design, and marketing.
- Experience working with copywriting and a broad category of brands and products.
- Proficiency in (and ability to teach if necessary) Adobe CC applications.
- College-level or post-graduate portfolio school teaching experience.
- Experience with After Effects, and Adobe Premiere is highly sought after.
- Experience in leadership, administration and project management.
- Qualified candidates must also be familiar with global creative trends and should possess the ability to link advertising education to emerging social, cultural and economic trends.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired.
A cover letter, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, URL portfolio or DVD, and breakdown of professional work and samples of student work (if applicable) should be sent to:
College for Creative Studies
Office of Human Resources
201 E. Kirby
Detroit, MI 48202-4034
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising department websites:
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.