Miami Country Day School seeks an enthusiastic and creative educator to fill the role of Middle School English Teacher to begin August, 2017. Miami Country Day School is a college preparatory learning community committed to educating the whole child. Through the core values of honor, respect, wisdom and compassion, we prepare students to be lifelong learners. We inspire our children to develop their intellectual, physical, aesthetic, social, emotional and spiritual potentials by valuing every student every day.
The Middle School Program at Miami Country Day School is well-respected in our community and nationally. Developmentally sound practices along with personalized learning experiences characterize our approach to instruction. We nurture a passion for lifelong learning, self-confidence and leadership. We strive to make education relevant and to give our students the foundation they need for success beyond life at Miami Country Day School.
We seek a Middle School English Teacher who embodies our mission and who is passionate about working with our students and faculty.
The school is accredited by FKC, FCIS and SACS; active membership is maintained in SACAC, NACAC, NAIS, SAIS, CASE, CRIS, ERB, American Library Association and the College Board.
This position is effective August 1, 2017.
To work with a collaborative team designing, organizing and implementing curriculum that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. The position involves teaching five sections of primarily eighth grade English, along with being an academic advisor to a group of 12-14 eighth graders and being an active participant on the 8th grade teaching team.
Essential responsibilities of the position may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Participate in department, school, and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development, providing timely feedback to students and their parents.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Perform supervisory duties as assigned.