- Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts for 5 class sections
- Maintains student attendance records, grades, and other required records
- Evaluates and grades students' class work, assignments, and papers
- Plans, evaluates, and revises curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction
- Uses effective class management techniques to insure effective learning
- Acts as an academic advisor to 10-12 students a school year.
- Develops and implements a professional growth plan
- Leads professional development and parent workshops
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence
- Contribute to the school community (examples are after school clubs, volunteer for Shorecrest sponsored events, coaching)
- Collaborates with other Faculty and Staff
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Middle School Head
Founded in 1923, Shorecrest is one of the oldest independent schools in Florida serving approximately 950 students from PK to Grade 12. Last year, more than 60% of its graduates matriculated to universities outside the state of Florida. The Middle School offers students multiple opportunities to engage with each other and the greater community through project based learning, a robust advisory program, and extensive art and athletic offerings.
St. Petersburg is a vibrant and growing city, named as one of the world’s most attractive small cities for art. It has a lively downtown, abuzz with outdoor concerts and markets, and it is within minutes of some of the most beautiful beaches in the country.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and a list of at least three references to Jonathan Davis, Middle School Head, email@example.com. Please include “Science Teacher” in the subject line.