The Academy of the Holy Names is an independent, Catholic, coeducational elementary school and a college preparatory high school for young women, sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Our mission is to develop the spiritual, academic, personal and physical growth of each student within an atmosphere of care and concern, while providing quality educational opportunities for students of diverse ethnic, economic and religious backgrounds, and encouraging each student to realize his/her full potential as an intelligent and culturally, spiritually and socially aware individual.
Employment Opportunity: The Academy of the Holy Names seeks an Elementary Classroom Teacher who is talented and energetic to instruct our elementary school students for the 2017-2018 school year. Teachers at AHN provide the appropriate learning atmosphere and activities designed to maximize student competencies and skills for intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual growth toward a successful and meaningful future. Teachers enjoy decision making responsibilities within their essential job functions, in keeping with school policies.
Qualifications: Bachelors or Masters Degree in Education or related field. Education background and teaching experience preferred. Florida Certificate or credentials to obtain certificate. Responsive Classroom certificate (or ability to complete 4-day course over summer)
- Maintaining a classroom environment based on respect and that reflects the values and mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names.
- Establishing a culture of learning and an environment of positive social interaction that actively engages students in learning and self motivation.
- Establishing and maintaining classroom expectations that challenges students to strive for excellence in all that they do.
- Planning and developing effective lesson plans that cover the curriculum and address students’ interests and needs.
- Integrating technology into the curriculum.
- Coordinating field trips or arranging for speakers to come into the classroom.
- Accurately assessing student learning through formative and summative assessment and effectively adapting instruction based on these assessments.
- Keeping accurate records, ensuring that students are progressing and monitoring progress through progress reports and report cards.
- Performing supervision duties as assigned.
- Meeting with students and parents to discuss any concerns or issues with student progress and learning.
- Participating on school based committees and working with other teachers in the grade level and other departments in the school.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
Please submit a cover letter of interest, resume and a list of three professional references to http://holynamestpa.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a29pfkzpqth1.
No phone calls.
The Academy of the Holy Names does not discriminate on the basis of race, faith, nationality or ethnic origin in its hiring process nor in the administration of educational policies, admission policies or tuition-assistance programs, athletics or other school-administered programs. The school admits students of any race, faith, nationality or ethnic origin, and gives to all students rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to all members of the student body. In accordance with its mission, the school seeks a population composed of many different voices, viewpoints and backgrounds. The Academy of the Holy Names is a designated drug-free workplace.