Provides accurate and accountable instruction that is attentive to individual student's academic, social and emotional needs and distinctly aligns with the mission and philosophy of the school for grades 6-8. Instruction will be provided within a learning environment marked by high expectations, innovation, student engagement and cutting edge technologies in an atmosphere of respect and appreciation for student learning and achievement.
1. Prepares daily and weekly lesson plans in a manner that is responsive to school's philosophy; share in team or grade level planning.
2. Records and maintains accurate and timely records relative to the school, classroom, and student. This includes, but is not limited to information such as grades, attendance, student files, academic and behavioral referral information, progress reports, lesson plans, etc.
3. Attends and participates in departmental/division meetings, planning projects, activities and school related evening and weekend programs.
4. Responsible arranging and storage of materials, equipment and supplies.
5. Observes, reports and takes action to ensure safety of students and faculties throughout the building and grounds.
6. Regularly develops, updates, and implements curriculum and standards.
7. Establishes a humanistic, systematic classroom code of conduct.
8. Establishes and maintains a positive learning environment that reflects the school's mission and philosophy.
9. Communicates with parents and professional staff on a regular basis.
10. Integrates technology/digital media into the teaching-learning process (teacher use, student use).
11. Maintains proper discipline and assists students in developing self-discipline and a sense of responsibility.
12. Participates in arrival/dismissal, playground and lunchroom supervisory responsibilities as assigned by the Director.
13. Adheres to policies and procedures (academic/instructional, professional, others) as specified in the NSU University School Employee Handbook.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.