Professional Opportunity: Upper School Spanish Teacher
Saint George’s School is an independent K-12 school, serving a population of approximately 375 students from the greater Spokane area. The school offers a vibrant and challenging academic program highlighted by the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program and complemented by a well-developed set of enrichment offerings. Students thrive due to low student-teacher ratio, and a caring and dedicated faculty who are open to collaboration and team building. SGS seeks team members who seek to continue their growth as professionals, both through reflective practice and outside professional development.
Saint George’s School seeks a full-time (1.0 FTE), experienced Spanish teacher for the 2017-18 school year beginning July 1, 2017. Successful candidates should love working with adolescents and their parents, have excellent Spanish, a strong understanding of pedagogy, a desire to collaborate closely with colleagues and an interest in cross-curricular connections. Candidates are responsible for inspiring young learners, differentiating instruction and ensuring student progress. The ideal candidate possesses at least three years of teaching Spanish at various grade levels, and enjoys close partnership with parents and staff.
- Teach students in grades 7-12. Creating a positive and nurturing classroom environment that supports student learning.
- Teach a combination of Spanish classes from Spanish 1 to IB Spanish B.
- Develop creative, challenging, and personalized curriculum resources that supplement or enhance textbook lessons.
- Work collaboratively with the department and attend professional development in order to stay current in the field and IB requirements.
- Cultivate frequent and effective communication to families.
- Serve as an advisor for 11-13 Upper School students.
- Sharing customary and typical duties to support the smooth functioning of the school.
- Chaperone and/or help organize class trips, outdoor programming, and other student activities.
The successful candidate will possess a BA with an advanced degree/certification being desirable. The ideal candidate will be available on occasion during the summer to work with administration in order to facilitate a smooth transition into the classroom.
Salary/Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Applicants should submit the following with their application materials:
- Cover letter explaining why they are particularly interested in and qualified for this position.
- Statement of Educational Philosophy.
- A current resume.
- At least three professional letters of reference.
- A Saint George’s Application of Employment (found on the school website).
- College Transcripts
Application materials should be sent to the following individual:
Registrar and Executive Assistant to Head of School
Saint George’s School
2929 West Waikiki Road
Spokane WA 99208
Phone: (509) 464-8830
Timeline: Applications are due by May 5th, 2017.