The Miquon School is seeking a full-time (12 month) assistant to the Principal and receptionist starting in the summer of 2017. Miquon is a community that values racial, ethnic, economic, religious, gender, and social diversity and we seek applicants who represent and broaden that diversity.
The Assistant supports Miquon children and families and the Principal. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to elementary education, a warm demeanor, and positive attitude, as well as the ability to multitask with efficiency and ease.
The Assistant supports and streamlines workflow and communications for the Principal.
- Coordinates daily correspondence, record keeping, mailings
- Manages daily calendar and appointments
- Maintains, updates, and distributes internal school calendars; schedules
substitute teachers when needed
- Schedules, coordinates, and attends staff meetings; records and distributes
- Maintains principal and school professional memberships; manages principal’s travel budget and professional development expenses
- Coordinates hiring committees and employee hiring process
The Assistant supports the school community and students as needed.
- Manages school calendar and weekly staff bulletin; coordinates spaces and
supplies for school events
- Coordinates school visitor appointments and visit schedules
- Manages student arrival and dismissal; registers students for Extended Day Programs
- Provides student first aid, keeps injury/accident log, interfaces with visiting nurse
- Coordinates supplies school-wide; coordinates educational supply orders with
the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Oversees school copier use and maintenance
The Assistant also serves as the school (front office) receptionist.
- Greets students, parents, and visitors
- Answers phone calls/inquiries and directs to appropriate staff
- Performs general clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, and distribution of mail
This position is a full-time role that will require some non-traditional work hours, including occasional nights and weekends for meetings and special events.
Founded in 1932 in a tradition of Progressive education that is upheld today, Miquon is an independent, coeducational elementary school just outside Philadelphia for children in Nursery (age three) through the 6th grade. The school enrolls approximately 150 students in eight mixed-age groups, typically 18-22 children in size.
Miquon is dedicated to preserving childhood, using innovative student-centered teaching practices, and developing children's knowledge of and appreciation for the environment. We value independent thinking, varied individual and collaborative approaches to learning, authentic assessment methods, and creative, child-focused approaches to curriculum development. Time spent outside on our 10-acre campus including woods, fields, and creek is an integral part of every child’s Miquon experience.
Please send your resume, three references, and a letter describing why you are a good fit for this position to email@example.com no later than May 1, 2017.
The Miquon School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation in the employment of staff, admission of students, granting of financial aid, or the administration of school policies. Successful completion of state and federal clearances is a condition of employment.