Classification Title: FT Faculty UDMPU (9 month)
City/Campus: Detroit - McNichols
Department: Sociology and Social Work
The Department of Social Work at the University of Detroit Mercy invites applications for the tenure-track position, Assistant or Associate Professor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Teach three courses fall/winter semesters, with the possibility of summer based on departmental needs. Work closely with the University Center BSW program location.
(2) Serve as academic/faculty advisor to University Center Social Work students.
(3) Provide service to the University Center campus.
(4) Consult with the Department Chair on issues concerning student persistence and related issues.
(5) Participate in Department of Social Work Faculty Meetings and related departmental activities to ensure optimal functioning.
(6) Adhere to FERPA, NASW and CSWE standards.
(7) Collect/manage all University Center Social Work course related data for CSWE and University reporting purposes.
(8) Engage in service, research, and publication in area(s) of professional expertise.
(9) Participate in University-sponsored student recruitment activities, College-wide meetings, Commencement exercises, and other related activities.
(10) Accept and support the Mission of Detroit Mercy and that of the Department of Social Work.
(11) Perform other duties as assigned or requested.