Responsible for supporting the admissions process for the Physics Graduate Program. The incumbent will assist both Graduate and Undergraduate Students and provide customer service for faculty, staff and visitors in the Physics Department. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Coordinate Graduate Program admissions *Monitor on-line applications and file supplemental application materials *Communicate via email with numerous applicants *Send offer letters to prospective Graduate Students *Prepare packets and offer letters for both University and Dean's Fellowship nominees *Update graduate study brochures for recruiting purposes *Assist new students when they arrive
2. Process Graduate payroll and tuition remission; Work Study and Undergraduate payroll *Prepare and process Payroll Forms for Graduate Students *Prepare and process Teaching Assistant (TA), Research Assistant (RA), Graduate Assistant (GA) and Fellowship appointment letters *Enter tuition remission on College of Arts and Science on-line graduate tuition tool *Process tuition award forms for RAs *Keep detailed payroll information on Excel spreadsheet *Process Work Study Undergraduate payroll documentation; approve on-line timesheets
3. Graduate and Undergraduate academics *Provide guidance in scheduling courses *Process Banner overrides during preregistration and at the start of each semester *Maintain extensive database on graduate student statistics and progress *Maintains files for Graduate Students and Undergraduate Physics Majors *Assists students with problems or questions *Assists with Phy 11 lecture preparation
4. Performs administrative support duties for the Physics Department *Compile statistics and prepare reports and spreadsheets *Assist faculty with preparing course materials, exams and related items *Coordinates mailings for summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Program *Coordinate and submit textbook orders *Prepare and distribute colloquium announcements and advertise *Prepare work orders for housekeeping and maintenance *Update website as needed
5. Perform clerical and receptionist duties *Provide customer service for faculty, staff, students and visitors *Answer and direct phone calls *Establish, maintain and monitor files and records *Make photocopies *Compose basic correspondence *Process incoming mail
6. Assist International Graduate Students in adjusting to campus life *Provide extensive information prior to their arrival *Provides informal counseling and orientation *Interpret University regulations and requirements
Position Number: S78750
This position is expected to work remotely while the campus remains in a limited capacity due to COVID-19; in the future it is expected that this position will be staffed on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years related work experience
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Solid writing ability and organizational skills
Solid analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
Solid computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, county and national criminal background checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance; based upon the requirements of the position Lehigh may also request credit history reports, motor vehicle checks and professional license/certification verification
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Internal Number: 499385
About Lehigh University
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.