Employment Condition: Fixed Term (9 Month Appointment)
· Teach components of the generalist social work BSW curriculum. The incumbent would be expected to teach courses that would include, but are not limited Policy, Practice, Research, Field Education and Seminar.
· Instruct courses in varied locations, at varied times, and via various media commensurate with department and university needs.
· Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of field.
· Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the field to enhance teaching abilities.
· Contribute to student growth and development including student advising.
· Provide service to the university and community including the program, the department, the college, the university, and the greater community. Support Winona State University's mission to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural, and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve.
· Assist with programmatic accreditation.
· Assist students with the completion of their senior capstone projects.
· Master of Social Work from and accredited school of Social Work.
· Two (2) years of post MSW practice experience
· Licensed in social work in the State of Minnesota or ability to be licensed by start date.
· PhD, DSW, EDD, or ABD preferred in social work or related field
· Prior experience working with students
· Experience in teaching
· Skills/ability to integrate technology to enhance learning and teaching.
· Experience with and commitment to generalist social work practice
· Ability to provide field supervision of students
· Experience teaching in social work content
· Experience with transfer programs and adult learners.
· Experience and commitment to community engagement
· Experience in research and/or supervision of student research
· Experience with diverse populations
· Demonstrated ability and commitment to working as a member of a team
· Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching.
A complete online application will include the following:
1. A cover letter that addresses the qualifications listed previously
2. Current Curriculum Vitae / Resume
3. A statement explaining your personal or professional experiences in working with diverse populations (such as persons from differing race / ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, gender, or mental and physical ability) as well as how the applicant would contribute toward a diverse and inclusive academic and employment culture and community at Winona State University. Statements should be 1 page or less 4. Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate)
5. List of 3 references with contact information
About Winona State University: Founded in 1858, Winona State University (WSU) is the oldest member of the Minnesota State System of colleges and universities. Today WSU serves approximately 7,500 undergraduate and graduate students across two campuses in Winona and Rochester, Minnesota (MN). Winona State was named the second-best public institution in Minnesota by U.S. News & World Report's
Internal Number: 1832
About Winona State University
Founded in 1858, Winona State University is a comprehensive public university with close to 8,900 students. The oldest member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, Winona State offers 80 undergraduate, pre-professional, licensure, graduate, and doctorate programs on its three campuses: the original Main Campus in Winona, the West Campus in Winona, and Winona State University-Rochester.