Geneva, New York
Clinton, New York
New York, NY
Big Rapids, Michigan
Des Plaines / Skokie, Illinois
New York, New York
Keene, New Hampshire
Location: University Center, Michigan
Internal Number: 4384
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
Delta College is seeking instructors committed to the college's philosophy that education serves the greater good by providing students access to a better life. The candidates for adjunct instructor positions understand that community colleges are positioned to fundamentally change people's lives, and as a result, society itself. Required qualities include a belief that continuous improvement in pedagogy and relationships with students, other faculty, and staff are hallmarks of an educator who has been called to the profession. We are seeking colleagues who embrace the idea of helping students achieve their goals, and approach academic excellence as evidenced in equity as a moral imperative.
Social Sciences Disciplines:
Applied Behavior Studies | Child Development | Communication | Criminal Justice | Economics | Education | Geography | Global Peace Studies | History | Political Science | Psychology | Sociology | Youth Services
At this time, we are seeking instructors who are available to teach in traditional classroom settings.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of and ability to work with a diverse student population
- Use of email, internet-based resources, and common Office software
- Ability to teach in a variety of formats, including incorporating online learning systems
- Understanding of ADA requirements and willingness to create accessible materials
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Understanding Delta Mission/Vision/Values
- Master's degree in specific discipline or closely related field with at least 18 hours of successful graduate level coursework in specific discipline
- Ability to teach on a Delta campus
Additional Experiences Considered:
- Teaching experience at the community college level
- Recent experience in teaching the specific discipline in an active learning environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
* Course assignment is dependent on the applicant's qualifications and demonstrated abilities.
* If you are selected for an interview, you are required to provide a teaching demonstration on topics selected by the Social Sciences Division.
Open Until Filled: Yes