Indiana University Purdue University Indianpolis (IUPUI)
Location: Bloomington, Indiana
Internal Number: 14605
Department: IU East School of Humanities & Social Sciences
IU East At A Glance
Indiana University East, a regional campus of Indiana University, offers residents of eastern Indiana, western Ohio and beyond a broad range of bachelor's degrees, selected master's degrees, and certificates through its traditional main campus in Richmond, off-campus sites, and online program options. Learn more about IU East.
Indiana University East challenges students to grow intellectually and personally in a supportive and scholarly environment where faculty teaching skills and participation in the creation and dissemination of new knowledge and artistic work enhance learning opportunities for all.
Indiana University East invites applications for an anticipated full-time, tenure-track faculty position of Assistant Professor of Political Science for the academic year beginning August 1, 2023. Candidates must demonstrate a strong desire to excel in teaching and a commitment to teaching excellence in both online and in-person contexts. Candidates are expected to provide ongoing support for student success, in and out of the classroom. Candidates must also have established or demonstrate potential for building a sustainable program of research, scholarship, and/or creative activity. H-1B visa sponsorship is not available for this position. While online teaching is an essential aspect of our programs, regular presence on campus is important to our mission, and is therefore expected.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
· Areas of specialization: American Politics and International Relations. Representative courses the candidate could be expected to teach include: Introduction to American Politics, United States Congress, Introduction to International Relations, International Organizations, United States Foreign Policy, and Analyzing Politics.
· Teach online and face-to-face introductory, advanced, and occasional graduate-level Political Science courses.
· Maintain an active program of disciplinary and/or SoTL research and scholarship.
· Participate in service activities across the department, college, school, university, and professional levels.
· Communicate subject matter clearly, correctly, and effectively. Use methods, materials, and technology appropriate to the subject matter.
· Manage the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school and campus academic policies.
· Demonstrate the ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse populations within the university and community.
Indiana University East values a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and intellectual perspectives among its faculty, staff, and students. The campus is dedicated to being a strong partner in enhancing the educational, cultural, and economic development of the region it serves through community and civic engagement.
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualification. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.
· Earned doctorate in Political Science (ABD with a firm defense date before the position start will be considered).
· Subfield expertise in American Politics and International Relations.
· Online teaching experience.
· Commitment to high-quality undergraduate and graduate-level teaching.
Department Contact for Questions:
Duretta McKee Human Resources Generalist email@example.com
About Indiana University Purdue University Indianpolis (IUPUI)
IUPUI, a partnership between Indiana and Purdue universities, is Indiana’s urban research and academic health sciences campus.
IUPUI’s mission is to advance the state of Indiana and the intellectual growth of its citizens to the highest levels nationally and internationally through research and creative activity, teaching and learning, and civic engagement.
By offering a distinctive range of bachelor’s, master’s, professional, and Ph.D. degrees, IUPUI promotes the educational, cultural, and economic development of central Indiana and beyond through innovative collaborations, external partnerships, and a strong commitment to diversity.