Los Angeles, California
Sleepy Hollow, New York
San Diego/El Cajon, California
Location: San Francisco, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: 150,000 - 180,000
In the heart of San Francisco’s Mission District lies Mission Dolores Academy (MDA), an independent K-8 school rooted in Catholic tradition that serves 195 students, the vast majority of whom come from under-resourced families. MDA was founded on the principles of academic excellence, lifelong learning, and social emotional education. With a rich history behind it, MDA is now looking to the future, including bringing new programs on campus and embarking on a new strategic plan.
At a time where school-wide growth is an exciting prospect, the need for an exceptional leader has never been greater. MDA seeks a principal to unite faculty and staff under dynamic leadership goals, as well as contribute to school-wide strategic initiatives. This principal will be a cornerstone of the school’s leadership team, and be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations while upholding the school’s mission-driven financial and educational models. The school seeks a passionate individual who is excited by embracing and living MDA’s core values and mission. This position starts July 1, 2023, or earlier by mutual agreement.
12M Recruiting is running the search on behalf of MDA. Applications are due February 26. For application instructions and the full job opportunity statement, please visit:
Applications Accepted Starting: January 25, 2023
Application Deadline: February 26, 2023
Remote Semifinal Round: Week of March 13
On-Site Final Round: Week of March 27
Decision Announced: April 14
Start Date: July 1, 2023, or earlier by mutual agreement
Reports To: Head of School
Salary Range: $150,000 to $180,000
- Academic Operations: Oversee the day-to-day operations of the academic program, including all aspects of teaching and learning, curriculum, and assessment
- Professional Growth: In partnership with the vice principal of academics, foster a culture of faculty growth and oversee the annual process of teacher goal setting and evaluation.
- Student Life: In partnership with the vice principal of student life, ensure healthy, diverse, and engaging co-curricular programs.
- Spiritual Formation: In partnership with the founder and the religion coordinator, ensure the development and expression of faith in the community through its integration in both classrooms and co-curricular programs.
- Community Engagement: Promote a culture of academic excellence and student support by serving as a visible presence and effective counsel to faculty and families.
- Mission Alignment: Be a guiding presence to ensure that the school lives out its mission and vision on a daily basis.
- General Leadership: Serve as an active, engaged, and collaborative member of the administrative team, run the daily operations of the school as needed if the head of school is away, and perform other duties as assigned.
MDA IS LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO CAN DEMONSTRATE
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in education or in a relevant field from an accredited college or university; graduate degree highly preferred
- Successful track record leading academic initiatives and programs
- Experience as a school administrator guiding, coaching, leading, and supervising faculty
- Prior teaching in an elementary or middle school
- Immersion in diversity work—both in training and in implementation—and a commitment to fostering culturally competent and inclusive classrooms
- A compelling advocate and spokesperson for the value of a independent, K-8 educational program rooted in Catholic tradition
- Ability to architect and implement organizational systems, educational models, and operational protocols in support of all aspects of the academic program
- Excellent communication and presentation skills—both written and oral
- A love of elementary and middle school education, and a readiness to support all learning journeys of a diverse student body and faculty
For more information please visit the following link, which contains the job opportunity statement and complete application instructions.