East Lansing, Michigan
Utica, New York
Glassboro, New Jersey
Clinton, New York
Ithaca, New York
New York, New York
Location: Radnor, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
The Grayson School: Assistant Head of Elementary School
The Grayson School seeks an Assistant Head of Elementary School for the 2023-2024 school year. This position will be new to the school and will serve early childhood, lower, and middle school students.
The Grayson School is an innovative, research-based learning institution guided by best practices in gifted education. Offering a Pre-K through grade 12 program with summer and enrichment classes open to the community, Grayson is the only “all gifted, all day” school of its kind within a 100-mile radius. The Grayson School provides high-ability learners with a setting where they can learn at a pace and level consistent with their abilities, collaborate with like-minded peers, and explore their unlimited potential, while also growing and thriving socially and emotionally. Staff at Grayson are passionate about fueling the love of learning in curious young minds and inspired by the chance to be influential members of a groundbreaking educational community.
Grayson School students are advanced, curious, and eager to learn. We are looking for individuals who excel at flexible and creative thinking; who see themselves as lifelong learners; who have solid teaching experience; who are enthusiastic, highly motivated, committed, and eager to join a community that is passionate about supporting gifted children. The right individual will have also administrative experience leading staff and students and collaborating with a team. They will be able to understand and support the social-emotional needs of students and build relationships with parents and teachers. They will be able to assist with interpreting assessment data, creating schedules, and other long-term administrative tasks. Experience teaching gifted students is highly preferred.
Opportunities for growth, professional development, and leadership are significant as the school continues to expand in the very near future.
- A Master’s Degree in Education.
- At least five years of teaching experience.
- Strong cultural competency skills and an enthusiasm for celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and belonging.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members, with a focus on healthy relationship building.
- Collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Task-oriented, flexible, collaborative approach to leadership with exceptional organizational skills.
- An appreciation of both the intellectual and the social-emotional needs of gifted children.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a variety of audiences.
- A Pennsylvania teaching certificate or private academic certification (may be in process; we will help qualified candidates obtain certification).
- Up-to-date (less than 1 year old) clearances prior to beginning work, including Federal Criminal History, PA State Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Mandated Reporter training, TB test, Act 168, and any additional required clearances.
IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF:
- You have a background in gifted education or working with gifted children.
- You have a degree in Early Childhood Education.
- You bring an experience and a deep understanding of elementary-level independent school programs.
- The idea of leading a Vexolology Club, judging a Pi Day Digit-off contest, or bringing your own lightsaber on May 4th sounds like your idea of the perfect day.