East Lansing, Michigan
Utica, New York
Glassboro, New Jersey
Clinton, New York
Ithaca, New York
New York, New York
Location: Hebron, Maine
Type: Full Time
The Hebron Academy History and Social Sciences Faculty position is an excellent opportunity for those seeking to experience living, learning, and working at a residential school with a collaborative and supportive community. We are looking for a faculty member to assume their duties for the 2023-2024 school year.
Who are you?
You are an enthusiastic, caring, and creative person who is interested in working with adolescents in a residential school environment and have a particular passion for history and/or social sciences. You are excited to contribute to a culture of awareness, understanding, and respect for all individuals and groups, with the ability to communicate in a culturally responsive manner. You seek a deeply relational and intentionally small community where you will be encouraged and supported to bring your full self to all aspects of your work.
What would you do?
Your most important duties are to:
- teach four sections of History and Social Sciences classes,
- Lead or assist in an after-school sport or activity for two seasons,
- Serve as an advisor to a small group of students,
- Supervise students as a part of a residential faculty team.
Qualifications: A bachelor's degree in a related field
- are committed to nurturing the whole child by caring for the emotional and social needs of each student,
- and have experience in teaching in the areas of history and/or social sciences.
- Special consideration will be given to those with experience and/or interest in teaching AP United States History.