New York, New York
Fort Worth, Texas
Mill Valley, California
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Type: Full Time
This is a full time position in our early childhood program. Two positions are open specifically in JK5 and Kindergarten.
Excellent faculty members are a cornerstone of the student experience and the key to implementing our Mission Statement. We believe that teachers should:
- Be passionate about education
- Display communication skills
- Kind and gentle demeanor when interacting with children
- Be self-reflective and strive for continual growth
- Participate actively in the school community
- Display patience and create safe, creative learning environment
- Uphold high standards of professionalism
- Be innovative and adaptable
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
- Teach students basic academic, social, and other foundational skills at the developmentally appropriate level.
- Communicate effectively with parents, guardians, and other faculty members in order to aid in the overall development and progression of students.
- Document information regarding students’ progress, grades, records, etc.
- Take part in the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategies related to student instruction.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct student records as required by administrative regulations.
- Prepare reports on students (including grades and other activities) as required by the administration.
Developing/Evaluating Objectives and Strategies
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, including demonstrations and work time for students to observe, question, and investigate.
Training and Teaching Others
- Teaching and following a daily routine.
- Adapting the program to suit the needs of the individual child or group.
- Consistently planning innovative ways of keeping children actively engaged.
- Imparting knowledge to children through fun and play.
- Ensuring the social and emotional growth of the child.
- Addressing the physical needs of the individual child or group.
- Composing detailed reports for parents.
- Meeting with the Director of the Early Childhood Program on a regular basis.
- Adhering to the guidelines of the Education Department and State.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Work occurs in an indoors environment. Employees may work more than 40 hours per week as needed. Work requires extensive use of a computer and electronic mail.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Perform minimal physical activities that require use of arms, legs and moving whole body for standing, walking, sitting, bending, grasping, or stooping/kneeling.
- Clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Normal hearing requirements.
- No criminal background or history of drug or alcohol abuse.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Teaching experience preferred
- VA Teacher’s license preferred