Charleston, South Carolina
Ithaca, New York
Providence, Rhode Island
Wilmington, North Carolina
Roswell, New Mexico
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Location: Los Angeles, California
Type: Full Time
Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Upper School History Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Upper School history teacher to begin in August of 2023. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with strong experience in teaching high school age students and one or more degrees in history.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Teach four sections of history with courses to be determined based on departmental need and the hire’s experience
- Serve as an advisor to a group of students
- Make history meaningful and relevant by inspiring students
- Communicate with students and parents as necessary
- Revise and plan new curriculum in conjunction with other members of the history department
- Utilize educational technology throughout instruction and course work
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Participate and initiate opportunities that demonstrate one's growth, knowledge, and skills
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Engage in professional and personal development and commit to growth in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Perform additional duties and participate in the life of the school by advising a club, chaperoning events, and attending student activities
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills and cross-cultural competence
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
The salary range for this position is annual $69,441 - $100,941.
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Administrative Assistant to the Director, Upper School