Charleston, South Carolina
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, USA
Ithaca, New York
Providence, Rhode Island
Clinton, New York
Wilmington, North Carolina
East Lansing, Michigan
Roswell, New Mexico
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Location: Roxbury, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 158929
Roxbury Community College invites applications for a full-time tenure track position in the Department of Engineering. The Engineering faculty member shall be responsible for: providing effective and high-quality instruction; helping students master course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining current knowledge in their teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics; assisting with curriculum development and program review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; and fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Teaching assignments may include, but are not limited to, courses in:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs;
- Participate in college and departmental committees and activities.
- Prepare and distribute syllabi which inform students about course requirements, grading requirements, testing assignments, attendance policy, and other information for each course assigned.
- Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and examinations in a timely manner to inform students about their progress.
- Encourage use of support services by students. Collaborate with support services staff to ensure that information is being shared and discussed.
- Follow procedures related to the Registrar's office, including grade reports and deadlines; attendance record reports; withdrawal deadlines; class changes; and time and room scheduling.
- Participate in faculty evaluations as described by the department chair and/or the Dean.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Mechanical, electrical, or a related field.
- Candidates must understand the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of RCC's students and employees, including individuals with disabilities, and have a sincere commitment to community engagement.
- Experience working with students from diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds who possess wide ranges of academic abilities and interests.
- Familiarity with Jenzabar or similar Learning Management System.
- Teaching experience at a community college.
- Demonstrated ability to provide diverse teaching methods to different learning styles
- Experience teaching online and/or hybrid courses.
- Experience using Open Educational Resources (OER)
The salary will be determined based on the guidelines and procedures of the Massachusetts Community College System and collective bargaining agreement. The position includes a broad benefits package.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery. Application Instructions: Applicants MUST submit the following documents: Resume Cover letter Salary History List of 3 References