Utica, New York
Glassboro, New Jersey
Clinton, New York
Ithaca, New York
New York, New York
Greensboro, North Carolina
Location: San Francisco, California
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 3900334
Position Title: Teacher – Middle School Humanities
FLSA Classification: Full time, exempt position
Term of Position: Job begins August 2023
Reports To: Director of Middle School
Position Purpose: Teach Humanities
Salary Range: $71,632-$100,000
The Brandeis School of San Francisco has reimagined what is possible in an inclusive, future-focused Jewish day school, becoming an acknowledged leader in asserting the role of spirituality and ethics in education for the whole child. We welcome applicants who seek a school environment that fosters challenging academics, student-centered learning, ethics and spirituality, and innovation. This position will begin in August 9, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally-appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively.
• Following, developing, and enhancing existing English and Social Studies curricula, which includes engaging students in multiple modes of class activities such as in-depth investigation of a particular topic.
• Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with students, and clear expectations for community behavior.
• Generating lessons with multiple entry points.
• Collaborating with other middle school teachers, educators, and specialist teachers to develop curriculum, plan trips and special projects, and solve problems.
• Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, and newsletters.
• Working as an advisor in the middle school advisory program
• Planning and staffing student educational trips (including overnight stay).
• Supporting and following the school policies and procedures.
• Being a positive and contributing member of the professional community.
• Applicant dependent - collaborate with development office on a weekly newsletter
• B.A. degree and teaching credential.
• Middle school English teaching experience (2 years documented preferred).
• Social Studies teaching experience (2 years documented preferred).
• Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear, and visually interact with students.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
• Regularly use close and distance vision.
• Work at a desk and computer screen.
• Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally use a ladder.
• Work in a traditional climate controlled office environment and outside in both hot and cold climates.
The salary range for this position is $71,632-$100,000 annually based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided.
More information about the school can be found on our website at www.sfbrandeis.org. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions for applying
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply through our de- biased application process At Applied. We respectfully ask that you do not contact the school directly. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Citizenship, residency, or work VISA in the United States is required.
To Apply: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/dmk77r5h4c
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency