East Lansing, Michigan
Utica, New York
Glassboro, New Jersey
Clinton, New York
Ithaca, New York
New York, New York
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Type: Full Time
Salary: $43,000 - $45,000
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach Computer Science from an introductory to advanced level to students in grades 6-12. This would include skills such as coding, robotics, web design, and data science.
- Serve as an advisor for a group of 8-10 students, providing guidance in academic, extracurricular, social, and personal areas, and serve as the school’s key liaison to parents for this group.
- Serve as an instructor in our signature experiential learning opportunities both on campus and away throughout the year, including our experience-centered seminars which take place over 3 weeks in March, and sometimes require travel.
- Attend all faculty meetings, department meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Be able to collaborate effectively.
- Complete grades/comments, advisor letters, and other forms of academic communication in a timely, professional manner.
- Promote the development of character, community, and curiosity in all dealings with students, including enforcing school rules.
- Use variety, creativity, and flexibility to motivate and inspire young learners.
- Facilitate the development of a positive class culture that supports learning and personal growth.
- Appreciate and support varying learning abilities through robust lesson planning and rigorous assessment.
- Provide regular and useful student feedback and maintain assessment records.
- Communicate with students and families on a regular basis.
- Know the developmental and academic abilities of one’s students.
- Pursue opportunities for professional growth on an annual basis.
- Adhere to the standards described in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform various student supervisory duties.
- Provide tech support to faculty and attend the tech advisory meetings to develop and support tech implementation at CSS across divisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
The position’s preferred qualifications:
- MA/MS or equivalent in a related field
- Experience teaching Advanced/AP courses
- Experience teaching courses from 6th through 12th grades
- Independent school experience
- Demonstrated and successful history with innovation in the teaching of science, technology integration, curriculum design, and experiential-based learning
- Experience in teaching English Language Learners (ELL), particularly international students
- Possess an innate ability to engage and inspire students through innovation and creativity
- Team player willing to work collaboratively with department, colleagues, and families
- Innovative mindset with a focus on student-centered learning and technology
- Attentive to details/conditions as they pertain to student whereabouts and safety
- Enjoy building relationships with students and their families
- Eager to participate in other aspects of school life
$43,000.00 to $45,000.00 annually