East Lansing, Michigan
Utica, New York
Glassboro, New Jersey
Clinton, New York
Ithaca, New York
New York, New York
Location: Morgan Hill, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: $50,650 – $95,650 Annually
Oakwood School is an independent, non-sectarian, college-preparatory school for students in preschool through twelfth grade. Students come to Oakwood for an outstanding, balanced academic program led by expert, passionate teachers who foster confident self-expression and self-discovery. Our diverse community, thriving on an expansive campus, provides a home for an extended family of learners. Here, we share our unwavering commitment to a more intentional education.
Located in beautiful suburban Morgan Hill, CA, Oakwood offers its faculty convenient access to many amenities, such as shops, restaurants, and a variety of outdoor recreational activities. The world-class resources of Silicon Valley, Stanford University, the University of California-Berkeley, San Francisco, and the entire Bay Area are only a short drive away.
Oakwood is seeking a full-time high school mathematics teacher. This position is for the 2023-24 school year beginning in August 2023.
Oakwood School seeks a qualified and passionate expert to join the Mathematics Department at the high school level. This full-time position would include teaching six total sections, in some combination of Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Precalculus, AP Calculus, and Statistics (AP and on-level).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the missions of the school and the Mathematics Department.
- Promote a learner-centered approach to instruction while encouraging critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and mathematical resilience.
- Collaborate enthusiastically with colleagues.
- Communicate with students, parents, and colleagues in a timely and professional manner.
- Contribute talents and skills to the school community in additional capacities, including coaching and advising.
- Chaperone three social events each year.
- Fulfill campus responsibilities including break supervision, crosswalk duty, or other duties as assigned.
- Participate in Admission events, including Open House, New Student Orientation, and applicant interviews.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Demonstrated interest in being part of a collaborative team
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to accuracy in all aspects of work
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and the integrity of all aspects of information disseminated within or external to the school community
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to being part of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive school community
- Demonstrated confidence and aptitude with the use of instructional technology
- Experience teaching Computer Science and/or Economics
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, or related field; advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 5-years of previous teaching experience at the secondary level or equivalent professional experience relevant to working with high school students
- Content and pedagogical expertise
- Valid teaching credential
- Experience advising high school students’ academic and social/emotional development
- Experience contributing to co-curricular activities like club advising or athletics coaching
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Ability to lift items up to 10 pounds and to sit and stand for 4-8 hours per day
This position has an expected salary range of $50,650.00 – $95,650.00.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 403b retirement plan with employer match, paid sick leave, professional development opportunities, and on-site cardio and weight room.
Dependent children of employees receive tuition remission (one child no-cost tuition/full-time employee), financial aid and scholarship opportunities, and on-site before and after school care.
Please visit Oakwood’s Employment webpage to learn more and access a full listing of benefits.
Oakwood School is dedicated to a culture of dignity and inclusion for all and is honored to be an equal opportunity employer.