East Lansing, Michigan
Utica, New York
Glassboro, New Jersey
Clinton, New York
Ithaca, New York
New York, New York
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Internal Number: 18042
Affirmative Action No.:: 23P139
First Consideration Date:: 03/31/2023
Minimum Annual or Hourly Rate: Negotiable
Utilizing research and demonstrating an understanding of the greatest needs within the region and state, the Vice Provost will collaborate with the Vice President for Enrollment Management & Student Success (including Marketing and Admissions), Deans, and colleges to develop a strategic enrollment plan for adult and online programs at Wright State University. The leader will work alongside the Center for Faculty Excellence and the Division of Student Success to ensure adult and online programs meet the needs of both the learners and the regions and communities they serve.
Given the critical importance of this new role and its responsibility to create synergy around and lead the implementation of the University's adult and online strategy, this role will be campus-based unless otherwise required by job duties.
- Terminal degree in Education, Higher Education or closely related ﬁeld.
- Ten or more years of online teaching experience at the collegiate level.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in planning and administration of online and distance education initiatives in a university or college setting.
- Doctoral or terminal degree.
- Seven years of experience in planning and administration of online and distance education initiatives in a university or college setting.
- Demonstrated growth in online programs.
- Demonstrated ability to secure university agreements for student pipelines from employers/organizations.
Essential Functions and percent of time::
- Develop, communicate, and implement, in collaboration with university stakeholders, a mission-consistent vision and strategic plan for academic programs for adult and online learners seeking degrees, minors, certiﬁcates and other microcredentials, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Cultivate unity among the relevant stakeholders around a common strategic vision.
- Analyze workforce development data and information available from Wright State's partners in data collection and analysis, along with Enrollment Management and academic leadership to identify programs for development in the adult and online education segment.
- Guide the integration of online learning options across academic programs.
- Build enrollment and retention in adult and online programs
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management to develop marketing and recruitment plans for online undergraduate, adult, and graduate student populations.
- Work with academic and administrative leaders to provide senior-level support for college-level initiatives, as requested, and serve on assigned internal and external committees and task forces.
- Work in collaboration with the Center for Faculty Excellence to develop and promote faculty online teaching workshops.
- Oversee the ﬁscal management of Wright State Online.
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership as well as operational management for Wright State Online.
- Use data for forecasting, enrollment planning, budget development, assessment, reporting, and decision making that achieves continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement a uniﬁed approach to online course quality based on widely accepted standards such as those created by Quality Matters.
- Ensure the College's online programs comply with federal and state regulations including National State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs.