Charleston, South Carolina
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, USA
Ithaca, New York
Providence, Rhode Island
Wilmington, North Carolina
East Lansing, Michigan
Roswell, New Mexico
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Location: Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Type: Full Time (Remote & In Office)
Salary: $80,000 to $90,000
Internal Number: 11
The American Accounting Association is the largest community of accountants in academia. Founded in 1916, we have a rich and reputable history built on leading-edge research and publications. The diversity of our membership creates a fertile environment for collaboration and innovation. Collectively, we shape the future of accounting through teaching, research, and a powerful network, ensuring our position as thought leaders in accounting.
The American Accounting Association is seeking an exempt full-time Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team at our Lakewood Ranch Office located in Sarasota County, Florida. Local candidates would spend a minimum of 2 days per week in the office (Tuesday/Wednesday) with three days remote. The on-site requirement may increase during initial training or for certain projects. This position is also open to fully remote candidates.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is a new role at the American Accounting Association. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer and collaborating across all departments, this position is responsible for developing, implementing, measuring, and improving marketing and communications to leverage the association’s ongoing digital evolution.
The AAA recently migrated to cloud-based, modern frameworks (Association and Content Management Systems) and seeks to integrate customer data platform (CDP) marketing intel and automation solutions as well as a potential Learning Management System (LMS) to grow membership, improve member experience, and strengthen lines of business across our premiere academic journal collection and industry-leading networking events.
The ideal candidate will be, first and foremost, a strong communicator, backed by a combination of analytic mindset and creative skills. This person will articulate their vision to stakeholders through presentations and reporting with ease and enhance and expand association KPIs through leading and lagging indicators and develop meaningful insights around these.
As part of the interview process, applicants will present their project portfolio and discuss their experiences and insights.
Essential Job Functions:
Works directly with Customer Data Platform (CDP) to explore stakeholder behavior (members, public, practitioners, media, volunteers, et al) to create marketing segments and develop marketing automation practices.
Strong analytics skills are essential, using SAAS platform tools and Google Analytics to track and report on performance. Fluency in Excel is required.
Campaign Management: demonstrated experience with digital marketing tools and services, such as mainstream social media ad platforms (LinkedIn lookalike campaigns a plus), Google Ad Manager. General familiarity with AdOps practices and requirements and how a programmatic approach could benefit a member-driven non-profit association.
Support initiatives focused on growing overall association membership (accounting faculty and students), as well as our seventeen special-interest sections (chapters), reaching accounting practitioners, and the general public.
Support content strategy across multiple websites, microsites, our digital library, our video collection, and our learning management system.
Creates, manages, and tracks segmented email campaigns, incorporating best practices in automation, testing, and tracking.
Plans, writes, distributes, and generates analytics for Press Releases
Work with leadership to develop an authentic brand voice for consistent communication across all channels.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Duties, responsibilities, and skills may change at any time with or without notice based on the needs of the Association.
- While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to see, speak, and hear to exchange information.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk; reach with hands and arms and use finger dexterity.
- The employee is occasionally required to bend at the waist, stoop, kneel and crouch; and perform work that involves lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of objects that may be approximately 25 pounds.
- Limited travel may be required.
Company Website – https://aaahq.org
The American Accounting Association fully complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
We are an equal opportunity, at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing / Communications or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in an environment which directly applied marcomms skillset
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- A cover letter is required for your application for this position – please include a short joke. A sense of humor and attention to detail is a huge plus
- Self-starter, comfortable working collaboratively or independently
- Conducting or commissioning market research
- Overseeing market data analysis and evaluation
- Assist with pricing and budget strategy
- Creating and implementing plans to increase market share
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams: membership, meetings, publications, governance, creative and IT to produce effective promotional materials and approaches
- Creating marketing presentations for stakeholders
- Obtaining necessary consent and providing final approval on all marketing collateral products and promotions
- Developing schedules and maintaining deadlines
- Coordinating with and managing social media platform/agency partners
- Social Media Ad platform management
- Google Ad platform management
- Google Analytics implementation and reporting
- Sendible or Hootsuite social media platform management
- AMS, CMS, and LMS familiarity are a plus - The AAA recently transitioned to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for our CRM and other AMS needs
- Other duties as assigned