East Lansing, Michigan
Utica, New York
Glassboro, New Jersey
Clinton, New York
Ithaca, New York
New York, New York
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Steel United Massachusetts – Director of Teams
Steel United is looking for a highly qualified Director of Coaching/Teams to coordinate day to day operations in our Massachusetts soccer club. Under the official title, Steel United MA Teams Director, the person will be responsible for player and coach development, as well as manage the administrative and logistical operations of the Massachusetts soccer club. This role will report to the Steel United National VP of Soccer, as well other Senior Leadership, within the organization and will have direct interaction with personnel at all levels of the organization.
Ideally the preferred candidate would have an accredited 'A' License, but should possess minimum of a 'B' License or equivalent experience in related field. The Teams Director will also have team coaching responsibilities.
Why Steel United:
Why Steel United? Click here to learn more!
Steel United is a national soccer club, based in the United States. We currently have regional clubs in 10 regions, spanning 8 states and growing. As well as highly competitive regional clubs, we also have an established National Team program that creates opportunities for Steel United players, and coaching staff, to be challenged at the highest levels of youth soccer.
Steel United is committed to maximizing each player's potential on and off the field. We produce skilled players that are dynamic and can play in a style that follows our club's philosophy in an environment conducive to delivering excellence. Our players possess sound technical skills while developing into tactically astute, independent decision makers who are competent in all areas of the game.
When our players leave the pitch, our job isn't finished. We believe strongly in personal development and molding strong character traits, building on our core values of teamwork, respect, integrity and commitment.
Advantages of working with Steel United/Steel Sports:
- Flexible work environment and schedule.
- Competitive Salaries.
- Insurance Benefits (medical insurance) with additional plan options with wellness incentives.
- Retirement Investments
- Paid time off.
- Team atmosphere.
- Professional Development beginning with the Foundations of Positive Coaching, in which will be provide to you at the start of your employment.
- Access to coach development and education opportunities.
- Our KIDS FIRST mentality welcomes the participation of your children in your team’s activities as applicable.
- Children of our Staff are welcome to participate in our youth programs at a Staff discounted rate.
- Establish best practices across all teams in the club
- Evaluate teams on an annual basis.
- Oversee the scheduling of practices, leagues, and tournaments for all teams, with an emphasis on signature travel events.
- Plan and oversee the execution of tryouts to meet the needs for each season and lead the process of selection and placement of players onto teams
- Oversee equipment needs for the club and work with the Operations Manager for ordering.
Managing Assistant Teams Director and Coaches:
- Oversee and manage roles of Assistant Teams Directors and all individual coaches within Massachusetts club.
- Work with each Assistant Teams Directors and all individual coaches to help maintain positive on and off-field results within their club.
- Provide coach development support to regional staff, in conjunction with National VP of Coach, Player and Curriculum Development.
- Encourage and support staff in continued coach education growth, through licensing opportunities and informal learning.
- Liaise with Senior Leadership on Steel United National Team Programs.
- Attend an annual summit with all the Regional Teams Directors.
- Liaise with Senior Leadership regularly, either in person or remotely, to discuss regional club.
- Plan and execute annual performance reviews with Assistant Teams Directors and all individual Head and Assistant Coaches.
- Lead the hiring committee for Assistant Teams Directors and all individual Head and Assistant Coaches, as needed for Massachusetts.
- Will be the direct report to Assistant Teams Directors
- Work directly with the Vice President of Soccer Teams, Senior VP of Teams and Steel Sports CFO to plan, implement, and approve budgets during the budget planning process.
- Monitor and then execute the financial budgets of each individual team and the club at large.
- Oversee player registration and fee collection.
- Work alongside Senior Leadership, and Brand and Communication Office to plan, implement, and execute all sales, marketing, and advertising campaigns for the club.
- Devise new methods to market the club and to reach new potential families.
- Develop and work with SVP of Business Development 0n plans to grow the current club and reach new families within our current geography.
- Identify clubs, directors, and coaches that are a cultural fit with Steel Sports
- Represent Steel United locally at appropriate conferences and summits to highlight and grow club in your local area.
- Host annual town hall events with families to gage feedback to assess our team's product in your local region.
- Develop a strategic short, medium, and long term plan for Steel United in Massachusetts.
- Oversee your club's social media output and evaluate the content consistently.
- Communicate specific programs and national initiatives directly to all families.
- Work with the Brand and Communication office to plan, implement, and maintain the club website.
- Work with Senior Leadership to identify potential partners and/or sponsors.
- Oversee the operations of the uniform process according to national policies.
- Support implementation of Steel Sports Coaching System.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement amongst Steel United coaches. Ensure all coaches within region are compliant with Steel Sports safety and Steel Sports Coaching System requirements.
- Co-Ordinate with coaches to ensure that expectations, rules, and schedules are effectively communicated to players and parents and that the core values and the Long Term Athletic Development Plan are emphasized.
- Work with the VP of Player, Coach, and Curriculum Development to implement Steel Sports national rituals.
About Steel Sports:
Steel United is a soccer club within Steel Sports. Steel Sports is a Social Impact organization, located in ten (10) different regions from coast to coast. Our mission is to inspire youth to reach their potential, on and off the field, by developing them as athletes and people through the Steel Sports coaching system, “The Lasorda Way”. Through its “kids first” approach, Steel Sports is establishing the Steel standard in youth sports and coaching, forging the next generation of leaders by instilling Steel Sports’ core values: Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, and Commitment.
Steel Sports creates a positive youth sports experience – building character and teaching life lessons - for over 100,000 athletes each year. In addition to Steel United/Steel Soccer, Steel Sports operates Team Steel Baseball and Softball at Lasorda Legacy Park. Steel Sports believes strongly in the impact of our coaches and invests regularly in their ongoing professional development and coach education. This role includes opportunities for optional travel and the ability to collaborate with other professional coaches across the country.
Sports Unify. Steel Sports is committed to supporting Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Allyship, and Leadership in Sports. We strive to provide an experience that strengthens character, encourages servant leadership, and teaches life lessons through sport in ways that intentionally address dimensions of diversity including but not limited to age, race, sex, class, national origin, creed, educational background, religion, gender identity, disability, gender expression, geographical location, income, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation and work experiences.
Please check out www.steelsports.com to learn more about us!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities require by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.