Ithaca, New York
Providence, Rhode Island
Wilmington, North Carolina
East Lansing, Michigan
Roswell, New Mexico
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Utica, New York
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Type: Full Time
Princeton Day School is seeking an experienced Middle and/or Upper School Spanish Teacher, beginning in the 2023-24 school year. Successful candidates will be eager to help students develop the skills to communicate in the target language, and will be invested in creating classroom opportunities for students to explore the Hispanic world and cultures.
Candidates should be able to teach middle and high school students, from introductory level to advanced, and contribute to the community life of PDS. A full-time teacher teaches 4 classes (2-3 preps), is an advisor to 6-10 students, has various duties, and is expected to contribute to the school life outside the classroom in an extracurricular activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Spanish language, literature, history and/or culture
- Minimum 3 years of proven success teaching middle and high school students
- Demonstrated experience at both introductory and intermediate levels
- Complete command of the language
- Strong background, beyond the language, in Spanish cultural traditions, history and literature
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, and to communicate and lead through strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced degree in Spanish language, literature, history and/or culture
- Instructional design, curriculum development and assessment experience (developing, delivering, and assessing)
For this position, the ideal candidate is expected to:
- Foster a learning environment that is student centered and that supports students’ social and emotional needs
- Differentiate teaching and learning based on students’ cognitive needs and learning style
- Develop creative formative and summative experiences and assessments to evaluate student learning
- Provide opportunities for student self-assessment and engagement in the learning process
- Provide consistent oral and written communication to students and families
- Contribute to school life outside the classroom— coaching or other extracurricular activities
Princeton Day School seeks candidates who are well educated, equally passionate about their subject and students, work well in a collaborative environment and integrate technology into their teaching. We aspire to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive community in which all members are seen, challenged, affirmed, respected and valued. We believe that in actively cultivating such an environment, we foster intellectual, social and emotional growth for all of our constituents.
To be considered, interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, a link to samples of their work and a list of at least three professional references to email@example.com.