Utica, New York
Glassboro, New Jersey
Ithaca, New York
New York, New York
Greensboro, North Carolina
Location: Naples, Florida
Type: Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaches five sections as assigned by the Academic Dean and/or DepartmentChair o Prepares course materials such as syllabi, assignments, and assessments o Uses scheduled free periods in order to advise and assist students o Maintains student attendance records, grades, and other required records o Plans, evaluates, and revises curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction
- Serves as either an athletic coach, a sponsor of a student club, or some other ancillary activity approved by the Upper School Head
- Collaborates with other faculty and staff as part of a community that emphasizes mutual support and shared programmatic creation and implementation
- Reviews and abides by the Seacrest Employee HandbookPerforms other duties as assigned by the Upper School Head
- Other responsibilities include serving as an advisor to a group of students and sponsoring History-related clubs as needed.
Common Qualification Requirements
Candidates must be able to demonstrate each of the following
- Teaching experience or demonstrated expertise in their assigned subject area
- Bachelor's degree in subject area required; a Master's degree or Ph.D. is preferred
- A commitment to curriculum design, student growth, and teacher growth o The ability to lead seminar-style discussions o A commitment to teaching historical research and writing, particularly thesis-based writing in both argumentative and expository writing o Enthusiasm for embracing the independent school model of mentoring, advising, and supporting students outside the classroom
- Usage of authentic assessment, innovative pedagogies, discussion-based learning, and project-based learning
- Proficiency with technology including iPad, learning management systems, and basic G Suite for Education (Google) tools o A commitment to inclusion and issues of social justice and equity o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates must be able to function in a collaborative, collegial, and compassionate educational community that stresses deliberation, discussion, and academic relationships outside of the classroom
- Fingerprinting and background checks are a required part of employment eligibility process.
- References and employment verification
- Teachers are required to hold at least a Bachelor's Degree from a regionally-accredited institution of higher learning, with a majority of coursework in the subject they wish to teach.
- Transcripts from all degree programs will be requested as part of the hiring process.
- At least one year of teaching previous teaching experience is required.
- 403(b) retirement program.
- Full-time employees are eligible for Medical, dental, vision, disability, Telemedicine and life insurance.