Charleston, South Carolina
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, USA
Ithaca, New York
Providence, Rhode Island
Clinton, New York
Wilmington, North Carolina
East Lansing, Michigan
Roswell, New Mexico
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Location: Winona, Minnesota
Internal Number: 2167
Location: Winona, MN
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Employment Condition: Fixed Term (9 Month Appointment)
- Teach 4 sections of Introduction to Public Speaking and/or Introduction to Speech Communication per semester in a department that values teaching excellence, student engagement, departmental community, and service to students, and university and community.
- Instruct courses in varied locations, at varied times, and via various media commensurate with department and university needs.
- Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of field.
- Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the field to enhance teaching abilities.
- Contribute to student growth and development including student advising.
- Provide service to the university and community including the program, the department, the college, the university, and the greater community. Support Winona State University's mission to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural, and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve.
- Assist with learning outcome assessment of the Introduction to Public Speaking and Introduction to Speech Communication courses.
- Earned MA or MS in Speech Communication or Communication Studies by appointment start date
- Experience teaching Introduction to Public Speaking and/or Introduction to Communication courses at the college level
- Skills/ability to integrate technology to enhance learning and teaching.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching.
- [Demonstrated teaching excellence while teaching introductory Communication Studies courses.
- Demonstrated service to students and department
1. A cover letter which addresses the qualifications listed previously;