San Diego/El Cajon, California
East Lansing, Michigan
Utica, New York
Glassboro, New Jersey
Roswell, New Mexico
Clinton, New York
Ithaca, New York
Location: San Diego/El Cajon, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: $70-80K DOE
The Diocese of San Diego is seeking a qualified and experienced educational leader for St. Kieran Catholic School. A qualified candidate is someone who is deeply committed to further the development of the faith, life, and academic excellence of the school. St. Kieran is a single classroom kindergarten through eighth grade diocesan school located in El Cajon, California. St. Kieran Preschool is run and administered by the adjacent parish. The position is effective July 1, 2023. The 2022-2023 enrollment is currently 130 students. For more information about the school go to www.saintkierancatholicschool.org
St. Kieran Catholic School is a community of students, parents, staff and surrounding parishes working together to provide quality education in the Catholic tradition. The school serves families of varied ethnic, social and economic backgrounds who desire a rich, Catholic education. Recognizing parents as the primary educators of their children, the school works cooperatively with families to achieve spiritual growth and academic excellence. The faculty share with the parents the educational mission of the Church. Together, St. Kieran lives as a Christian community and serves one another in accord with the beliefs of the Catholic faith. The school provides an educational environment that fosters respect for each individual. Through a variety of teaching methods, St. Kieran cultivates a setting that enables each child to achieve his or her potential, both spiritually and intellectually. St. Kieran continually strives for excellence by providing the best possible education for its students. This is achieved by developing the knowledge, attitudes and skills essential for a well-informed, Christ-centered life.
The Principal shall be:
- A leader/facilitator of the school faith community
- A practicing Roman Catholic with a strong understanding of the Catholic faith
- Deeply committed to the development of his/her own faith and that of the parents, teachers and students
- Understanding and dedication to the ministry of Catholic education
- Be an active and practicing Roman Catholic
- Have a minimum of three years successful administrative experience in Catholic Schools
- Have a Master’s Degree in Educational Administration and/or California Administrative Credential
- Have the ability to verbalize and clarify the philosophy and vision of Catholic School Education based upon church documents relevant to Catholic education
- Demonstrate leadership ability in past or present educational experiences
Principal Job Description:
The principal has, as delegate of the diocese, immediate responsibility for implementing the philosophy and vision of the school in its regular operation. A school principal has the responsibility to:
- Implement the philosophy of the school in its regular operations
- Administer the total school program
- Supervise and evaluate: a) Professional personnel; b) Auxiliary support staff; c) Students
- Provide instructional leadership in accordance to the Office for Schools Academic Excellence initiatives.
- Monitor the financial operations of the school (in conjunction with the school bookkeeper) and report to the Office for Schools, the school’s Finance Council, and Diocesan Finance Office
- Cooperate with the Coordinator of Development for the School and the PTG Board and other groups to promote a development program for the school’s financial stability
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to remain in an office at a computer workstation and access information from a computer and use a telephone. The employee is required to be mobile to, from, and within the office, as well as maneuver throughout the parish facility to attend meetings, briefings, and other work-related events. The employee may be required to conduct trips to, from, and within various city and county-wide locations to attend meetings or events. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.