East Lansing, Michigan
Clinton, New York
Ithaca, New York
New York, New York
Greensboro, North Carolina
Location: Pullman, Washington
Internal Number: 4002468
1157-NN_ADMINPRO - Assistant Director
WSU PULLMAN CAMPUS
Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
This position is responsible for engaged learning programs within the Center for Civic Engagement. Engaged learning occurs at the intersection of teaching and community engagement through intentional and thoughtful program development with community partners, faculty, and staff serving as co-educators. Engaged learning is based on a reciprocal relationship through which the activities are planned and implemented through collaboration with a community partner to meet the challenges identified by that partner. Through consciously designed reflection, student participants achieve the following learning outcomes: self-awareness and efficacy, civic responsibility to address social issues, and academic success.
- Positions require a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and four (4) years of progressively responsible relevant experience, which has included at least one (1) year of managerial experience. A Master's degree in a related field may be substituted for up to one (1) year of the required experience. Education and experience can be tailored to fit the specific organizational entity/directorial assignment. Positions may require applicable licensure and/or certification.
- Direct experience with at least two (2) of the following areas: program development, curriculum development, risk management, strategic planning.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build interior and exterior partnerships Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer software skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office programs, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Master's degree in a relevant field.
- Grant-writing and external fundraising experience.
- Experience with higher education professional organizations such as: NACA, ACUI, APAP, NASPA, or ACPA.
- Commitment to outstanding student service and advocacy, enhancing diversity, and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Center for Civic Engagement
City, State, Zip:
Pullman, WA 99164
$4,942.00 - $5,599.00
In accordance with RCW 49.58.110, the above salary reflects the full salary range for this position. Individual placement within the range is based on the candidate's current experience, education, skills, and abilities related to the position.
For more information regarding Administrative Professional (AP) Compensation at Washington State University (WSU), please visit the following website: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/classification-compensation/ap-compensation-structure/
WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts.
For a more detailed summary of benefits offered by WSU for AP staff visit:
Find total compensation information here: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/recruitment-toolkit/total-compensation/.
This is a Permanent position.
Posting Close Date:
Applicants must submit their completed application by March 29, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
This position has been designated by the department to require a background check because it requires access to children or vulnerable adults as defined by RCW 74.34, engages in law enforcement, requires security clearance, interacts with WSU students in a counseling or advising capacity, has access to personal identifying and/or financial information, unsupervised access to university buildings/property, or other business-related need. A background check will not be completed until an initial determination of qualification for employment has been made.
- Applicants must upload the following documents to their online application.
- External candidates, please upload all documents in the 'Resume/CV' section of your application.
- Internal candidates, please upload all documents in the 'Resume/Cover Letter' section of your application.
- Documents may be submitted in one file or separate files.
- Applicants are encouraged to upload as a PDF if possible .
- Applicants will be requested to provide contact information for professional references within the online application.
- Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
2) Cover Letter
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, visit https://wsu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WSU_Jobs/job/Pullman-WA/Assistant-Director_R-9071-1
Washington State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency