Charleston, South Carolina
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, USA
Ithaca, New York
Providence, Rhode Island
Clinton, New York
Wilmington, North Carolina
East Lansing, Michigan
Roswell, New Mexico
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Location: Berkeley, California
Internal Number: 4018058
Administrative Coordinator (7377U), Facilities Services - 50651
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
At UC Berkeley, we believe that learning is a fundamental part of working, and our goal is for everyone on the Berkeley campus to feel supported and equipped to realize their full potential. We actively support this by providing all of our staff employees with at least 80 hours (10 days) of paid time per year to engage in professional development activities. To find out more about how you can grow your career at UC Berkeley, visit grow.berkeley.edu.
Facilities Services works to continuously improve the campus inpartnership with all members of the University community to ensure that classrooms, laboratories, and offices support teaching, learning and research. Through the efforts of over 400 dedicated staff members and serving over 10M building square feet and 1100 acres, Facilities Services includes the asset management program, custodial services, maintenance operations, engineering and technical services, environmental services, grounds operations, the Cal Zero Waste program,the Campus Building Department, and the campus utility systems, including the cogeneration plant. The scope of the Facilities Services reaches across campus and is closely connected to the activities of staff, building managers, other campus departments and campus leadership.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: March 31, 2023
- Manages, plans, and administers a range of administrative activities and operations for Facilities Services by providing hands-on support as well as developing administrative processes for the entire department. Works with staff dedicated to individual units to provide an organized and comprehensive approach to FS' administrative needs. Develops, coordinates, and implements unit-wide administrative solutions.
- Supports the Associate Vice Chancellor with scheduling, reimbursements, purchases, travel, document management, and communication.
- Acts as communication support for the department by providing content, designing and updating of organizational website, drafting newsletters, providing community and internal correspondence, and assisting with special projects.
- Coordinates and participates in a variety of personnel-related activities including onboarding, org chart maintenance, employee engagement, and surveys.
- Working with SMEs, provides oversight and implementation of departmental record-keeping priorities such as employee training tracking, documentation support such as preparing guides and cheat sheets, tracking certifications, creating and updating MOUs.
- Supervises a small staff of support employees and/or students to manage insurance claims, order radios/phones, order keys, and perform building coordinator duties.
- Assists SMEs in developing reports, gathering data, and creating dashboards to provide support to FS operations.
- Manages FS and related email lists and calendars.
- Coordinates Facilities Services community events.
- Develops and implements procedures for office supply inventory and keeps office equipment in good working condition.
- Coordinates furniture and space moves.
- Thorough knowledge of and/or ability to learn University rules and regulations, processes, protocols, and procedures for budget, accounting and fund management, and/or personnel management.
- Interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising, and counseling skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of administrative operational activities such as event and space planning, risk management planning, website, and graphic design, data analysis, communications, purchasing
- Solid knowledge of and/or ability to learn common University-specific computer application programs.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong skills in short-term planning, analysis, problem-solving, and customer service.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and human resources policies and procedures for staff employees.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University, please visit the University of California's https://www.google.com/url?q=http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html&source=gmail&ust=1674324686328000&usg=AOvVaw2GpIWYW1GodaOMhx7gsK4r' href='https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=4018058&targetURL=http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html' style='font-variant-ligatures:normal; text-align:start; white-space:pre-wrap; color:blue; text-decoration:underline' target='_blank'>Compensation & Benefits website.
Under California law, the University of California, Berkeley is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role and should not offer a salary outside of the range posted in this job announcement. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, analysis of internal equity, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience.
The budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position is $90,000.00 - $110,000.00.
- This is a 100% full-time (40 hours per week), career position that is eligible for full UC benefits.
- This position is exempt and paid monthly.
- This position will have some hybrid eligibility with a frequent on-site presence, subject to departmental business needs.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Referral Source info
This job is part of the Employee Referral Program. If a UC Berkeley employee is referring you, please ensure you select the Referral Source of 'UCB Employee' and then enter the employee's Name and Berkeley email address in the Specific Referral Source field. Please enter only one name and email.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant, please see the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission poster.
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, please see the University of California Discrimination, Harassment, and Affirmative Action in the Workplace policy.
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=50651&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency