Ithaca, New York
Stony Brook, New York
Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles, California
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Location: Englewood, Colorado
Type: Full Time
Salary: $45,000.00 - $62,000.00
St. Mary’s Academy is seeking a Full-Time Middle School Spanish Teacher with experience in teaching Spanish courses. The position reports to the Middle School Principal. This individual will support the school community by planning, organizing, and implementing an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
Through regular conversations with their division principal and colleagues, St. Mary’s Academy teachers learn and understand their job responsibilities. It has been a hallmark of teachers throughout the history of SMA that their work goes beyond the classroom and includes not only the academic preparation of the student, but also the emotional, social and spiritual development of students. Additionally, teachers at St. Mary’s Academy are enthusiastic and energetic and they find support for new ideas. This enthusiasm is encouraged and applauded at SMA. Additionally, faculty members at St. Mary’s Academy are a supportive group. One does not have to look far to find a helping hand.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach four to five 60-minute block classes;
- Plan, prepare, and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences;
- Teach skills and content in second-language acquisition through speaking, listening, writing, geography, and culture using SMA mission-appropriate materials in sequence with the SMA program for Spanish-language study;
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities;
- Provide appropriate and timely feedback on work to allow students to grow in their educational abilities;
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development, and prepare required reports on students and activities;
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing appropriate rules and procedures;
- Keep updated with developments in the subject area, teaching resources, and methods, and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities;
- Participate in department and school meetings as well as caretaker/parent meetings;
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs;
- Serve as a grade-level advisor;
- Adhere to and support the mission of St. Mary’s Academy;
- Other tasks as assigned.
All teachers are also responsible for a variety of duties and tasks throughout the day; the principal will make these assignments and share them with faculty. These tasks and assignments change as needs of the community are determined.
Education and qualifications should include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in subject or related field required
- Master’s degree or teaching certification is strongly preferred
- Three year of teaching experience preferred
- Fluency in Spanish Language
- Experience with a variety of World Language methodologies and pedagogies
- Willingness to build and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues and parents
- A sense of resonance with the St. Mary’s Academy mission