Ann Arbor, Michigan
Los Angeles, California
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Stony Brook University
Location: Los Angeles, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: $65,000 - $85,000
Who we’re looking for:
The Episcopal School of Los Angeles History Department is seeking a Middle School Teacher who will support and challenge our younger students in their development of reading, writing, and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with middle school students, and an enthusiasm for fostering a structured, nurturing, developmentally appropriate classroom environment.
The ideal candidate...
- A commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Robust, current, and expanding knowledge of history.
- Demonstrated success in middle-grade curricular design and implementation.
- Experience in developing and practicing a joyful, relational middle school classroom culture.
- Demonstrated success in meeting the needs of ethnically, culturally, socioeconomically, and linguistically diverse students.
- Willingness to collaborate with the department in reviewing and establishing equitable grading practices to assess student writing.
- Eagerness to work collaboratively with the Humanities departments to develop interdisciplinary learning opportunities.
- Course load: 5 sections of 6th/7th/8th grade Literature
- Preparation of course materials and assessments, both working from existing curricular frameworks and through the development of new materials.
- Willingness to serve as an advisor to a small group of students.
- Participate in an after-school (3:30–5:30 p.m.) program two days a week (sports, clubs, performing arts, academic support, etc.).
- Attend regular community gatherings, including, but not limited to, meetings, Chapel, lunch, and major Feast Days.
All or most of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in History, Ethnic Studies, or a related field.
- A desire to work in a creative, collaborative, innovative environment.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Candidates will preferably have a master’s degree in a relevant field of study, 3+ years of teaching experience, or a CA teaching credential.
- Covid vaccine and Covid booster required
Please send a cover letter and the following information with the subject line “History Department Faculty” to email@example.com
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- A written statement that includes, at a minimum, answers to the following:
- What is the spirit of your classroom?
- What do you consider the particular responsibilities of a middle school educator?