New York, New York
Keene, New Hampshire
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Type: Full Time
Poly Prep seeks applicants for the position of Upper School History Teacher (2023-2024). The ideal candidate will possess strong content knowledge of United States history, with a preference for candidates with expertise in African American history; a passion for teaching this age group; commitment to professional development and ongoing learning; enthusiasm for working with students, families and colleagues; and flexibility. We seek an individual who is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion, and whose personal integrity and collegiality will enrich a high-achieving, collaborative department. Graduate degree and a minimum of three years teaching experience preferred.
Poly Prep is dedicated to providing a diverse, just and equitable education for all of our students. We seek an individual who is committed to promoting these values, and whose personal integrity and collegiality will enrich a high-achieving department.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Four classes/sections (United States history/African American history electives)
- Eagerness to work with students on an individual basis, as need be
- Ability to keep accurate grades, effectively and supportively communicate with students and families, and provide written and oral feedback on student progress consistently throughout the school year
- Advise a club or activity
- Demonstrate energetic commitment to professional development
- Attend and contribute to meetings during and after the school day, including but not limited to departmental, committee, divisional and grade-level meetings
- Accompany students on occasional curricular trips
- Attend community events throughout the school year
Salary Range: 70-90K
Poly Prep strives to be an equitable, just, and diverse community, one proud of and deeply committed to empowering students to discover who they are and what they want to be. In keeping with the country day school philosophy, we seek community members who will share a passion for learning in and out of the classroom. Every educator at Poly Prep aspires to uphold our mission “to support and inspire the next diverse generation of leaders and global citizens to act with intelligence, imagination and--above all--character.”
We offer a supportive environment, with a full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a generous match on our 403(b) retirement plan, long-term disability, flexible spending account, pre-tax commuter benefit, and free lunch) for eligible employees..
How to Apply: Interested applicants should go to https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=77fb72f9-1514-4f33-b164-2affd41296f6&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US to submit their resume, cover letter and specific evidence of qualifications to Maggie Moslander, Chair of History Department.
Poly Prep is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in history or related disciplines is required
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred
- Three years of teaching experience in upper school preferred
All employees must be fully vaccinated and show proof of their full COVID 19 vaccination.