Location: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 7619
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.
The Assistant Director, Reporting & Data Analytics reports directly to the Associate Dean, Finance & Administration and will play a critical role at the Law School. The position will be asked tosupport multiple areas of the Law School, including the Dean, using data analytics and statisticalmodeling to drive strategic decision making and will be responsible forpresenting those models to the Law School leadership team. The Assistant Director engages with all of theadministrative departments within the law school as well as departments across campus. including IR&P, Enrollment Office and ITS. The position will also be asked to participate in variouscommittees and working groups as well.
Critical functions include but are not limited to:
Reporting & Data Modeling
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing and submitting all data related to the Law School's accreditation and surveys including but not limited to ABA, US News, National Association of Law Placement and Princeton Review.
- Build, maintain and present data models that track and predict various rankings
- Manage the US News & ABA annual survey and submission process and re-accreditation process when applicable.
- Manage the annual ABA annual questionnaire submission and re-accreditation process
- Stay current on ABA accreditation requirements
Data Collection, Storage & Security
- Review our data collection methods and identify areas for improvements
- Build and maintain our central data warehouse for law school data
- Represent the Law School while working with Institutional Research & Planning (IR&P) and Information Technology (ITS) on projects related to The Boston College Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Create "best practices" around aggregating, sharing and protecting our data
- Represent the Law School on the Data Security Working Group
- Build, update and maintain key financial models for the Associate Dean, Finance & Administration, including our five-year tuition and tuition remission projections
- Design and automate various financial reports
- Assist the Associate Dean with building financial forecasts and projections
- Work closely with university partners and committees to ensure our data management practices follow University policies
- Collaborate with business partners, cross-functional teams, and other departments focused on delivering data analytics across various data platforms
Special Projects for the Dean's Office
- Support the Dean and the Associate Dean's on various projects related to the Law School
- Assist with presentations from the Dean's Office related to meetings with various Donor Advisory Boards, Faculty and Administrators
- Gather various industry and market data upon request
Analyze Marketing Data
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Communications in managing Google Analytics and presenting periodic and annual reports on traffic and analysis for our various web presences
- Work with the marketing team to manage and analyze social media traffic
- Assist with various marketing campaigns, including email data analysis
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $65,800 to $82,250; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, data analytics, statistics or related field
- Two to five years of related experience
- Knowledge of statistics
- Proficiency in at least one coding language, preferably SQL, Stata or R
- Data science background (e.g., Python, SAS, SQL, Tableau etc.)
- Experience in data analysis profiling, investigating, interpreting, and detailing data requirements, data modelling techniques and hands on modelling experience
- Experience building dashboards and reports, and creating deep-dive analysis to influence business decisions
- The ability to explain complex analytical concepts to lay persons in clear and concise easy to understand terms
- Effective verbal and written communication, influencing, and partnering skills
- Master's degree or PhD in related field is preferred
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.