1. Teach all courses, as assigned, for the full duration of scheduled instruction
2. Be fully prepared with a syllabus and instructional plans for each class session in accord with the stated objectives of the course
3. Enforce academic policy and procedures at all times, and comply with institutional rules and regulations
4. Maintain complete course and student records, reports, and forms
5. Stay current with developments in the field of instruction
6. Assume other necessary responsibilities and perform additional tasks as assigned by the chair, department dean, chief instructional officer, or president, in meeting the needs of the department, division, and college
7. Assume responsibility for laboratory/classroom preparation, including maintenance and cleanup, and recommend, as necessary, appropriate laboratory supplies and equipment
The Adjunct Instructor is responsible for course preparation, delivery, grading, and records management. The Instructor will work closely with his or her Discipline Chair on matters related to and for the benefit of the CALA department and its students. More specifically, and consistent with the terms and conditions of appointment as stipulated in the contract of employment.
A master's degree and at least 18 graduate semester hours in Sociology.