Location: Evanston, Illinois
Internal Number: 46887
Department: Temp Center
Position: Temporary - NHSI Film- Faculty
Hours: This is a 5 ½ week full-time summer position (variety of hours depending on need- day and evening commitment)
Pay: Contract Position $4,000
Approximate start date: 6/22/2023
Approximate end date: 7/29/2023
This position is for the National High School Institute located in Evanston at Northwestern University.
Temporary Job Description:
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a temporary opportunity at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional, and personal development.
Day-to-day responsibilities include teaching and supervising students, implementing academic program activities, communicating with instructors and support staff, assisting with staff meetings, and helping to address staff and student questions and concerns. The faculty maintains and fosters high standards of professional conduct, managing the safety and supervision of students through enforcement of NHSI policies and procedures. Must possess and demonstrate an interest in the academic, social, and emotional growth of high school students, serve as mature and positive role models for students, and exhibit a strong work ethic and commitment to teamwork.
- Teach classes and assist with final student film productions in one of the following disciplines (teaching in multiple disciplines preferred):
- Acting on Camera
- Attend program orientation
- Follow all NHSI rules and regulations concerning staff conduct, appropriate dress, program procedures, and other responsibilities as set forth in the staff handbook
- Be knowledgeable of administrative policies and University procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferably in Film and/or Theatre
- At least two years of experience in professional Film environment
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and commitment to collaborative work
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Supervisory experience, preferably in a fast-paced academic environment
"As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment."
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a temporary opportunity at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal development.
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates website.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.