- MSW degree and LICSW
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience as a clinical social work practitioner
- Evidence of excellent teaching and training skills relevant to the MSW curriculum, which include clinical practice in trauma, experience in assessment, diagnosis and intervention with children or adults, culturally tailored intervention, and anti-oppressive practice
- Experience teaching about equity, inclusion, and the role of structural inequities such as racism and heteropatriarchy and their impact in clinical practice
- Experience working with ethnically, racially and gender-diverse populations and students
- Commitment to anti-oppressive teaching methods
FT Lecturers are not required to serve on standing committees or attend faculty meetings. Over-base compensation for additional teaching, advising, or other service duties may be possible and would be arranged individually per the annual contract.
The School and University recognize that building a culture that values and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to the vitality and impact of our field. We are especially eager to welcome a new colleague who supports our institutional commitment to ensuring BU is a community where all members can thrive.
Please send all application materials to: email@example.com. Applications should include (a) a letter of interest indicating areas of expertise and teaching experience, (b) teaching evaluations, and (c) an updated Curriculum Vita. In the letter, we welcome a description of how you, as a teacher and/or practitioner, engage and sustain a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and to working at the community level. Start date is July 1, 2023.
Please do not apply online
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.