Location: Roxbury, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 155815
Title: Cannabis Agent Course Instructor - Center for Workforce Development
Department: Workforce Development
Reports To: Assistant Director of Workforce Development
Date: Fall 2023
The Mission of the Center for Workforce Development (CWD) at Roxbury Community College is to provide quality professional training for the residents of the Greater Roxbury and surrounding Boston metropolitan communities, skills upgrades for new and incumbent workers, and customized training for Businesses to help them reach their workforce goals. We offer a variety of short-term, non-credit training courses during the day and evening hours, and on weekends so students can attend training on a schedule that is convenient for them.
Instructors shall be responsible for: providing effective and high-quality instruction; helping students master course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining current knowledge in their teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics; assisting with curriculum development and program review.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work assigned schedule reliably and punctually
- Assess student performance in achieving course goals and objectives
- Keep accurate records in accordance with the Roxbury Community College policies
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Center for Workforce Development staff
- Collaborate with the Center of Workforce Development staff to continually improve course
- Maintain updated course description, course outline, and syllabi as appropriate
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Instructors shall have:
- Appropriate knowledge, experience and skill, in the course subject
- Proof of Cannabis Control Commission-certified Responsible Vendor Trainer
- Other relevant license, and/or professional credentials where applicable,
- Ability to lead and conduct classroom courses and/or workshops
- Ability to employ a variety of teaching methods to engage all students
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Passion for course content
- Prior teaching experience in course subject
- Experience working with students from diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds who possess wide ranges of academic abilities and interests.
- Prior teaching experience at a community college.
- Experience teaching online and/or hybrid courses.
- Familiarity with and ability to operate or oversee the operation of audio-visual equipment, including overhead projectors, film, sound systems, video, television, interactive video and audio equipment including computer controlled mixed media presentations.
- Ability to use the Microsoft platform desktop computer and various software including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Salary Range: HR will provide this information in consultation with CFO & the President
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Hours: Vary - Day, Night, or Weekend courses available
Courses are dependent on meeting minimum enrollment thresholds. Courses without adequate student enrollment may be cancelled at the discretion of the Dean of Workforce and Economic Development.
Expected start date: Fall 2023
Application Deadline: Applicants accepted on a rolling basis, as needed
The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: Candidates for employment should be aware that all Roxbury Community College students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.