Location: Encino, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: $62,000 - $90,000 annually
Westmark School is seeking an experienced Middle School History teacher for the 2023-24 school year (start date mid-August 2023.) Our ideal candidate will possess a passion for teaching students, with language-based learning differences. In accordance with Westmark’s School’s mission, the successful candidate will be able to differentiate and implement instruction for a wide-range of learners while capitalizing on student’s strengths.
Salary offered: $62,000 - $90,000, depending on experience
- Teaches middle school History classes to students with learning differences;
- Plans and implements programs using evidence-based History curriculum and instructional strategies;
- Applies diagnostic and prescriptive data-informed instruction by using informal and formal assessment data;
- Communicates and collaborates with team members including teachers, Advisors, Division Director, Instructional Coach, parents and outside professionals;
- Works collaboratively with team members to develop individualized student intervention plans;S
- Submits weekly lesson plans;
- Integrates technology into the curriculum;
- Maintains class PowerSchool pages and updates the PowerSchool gradebook weekly;
- Creates a classroom culture that encourages students to actively participate in their own learning;
- Integrates inclusive teaching practices related to diversity, equity, and multiculturalism;
- Engages and supports students of varied identities, abilities, cultures, experiences, and beliefs;
- Uses positive behavior management systems that are empowering and effective with students with language-based learning differences;
- Models professional and ethical standards when interacting with students, parents, peers, and the community; and
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in History and/or special education; teaching credential strongly preferred
- Strong desire to teach students with language-based learning differences
- Knowledge of multi-sensory teaching methodologies
- Experience with technology, specifically iPads, IOS.05x Platforms, Google Suite, and SMART Technologies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Commitment to develop professionally by learning new programs and methodologies.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit in on meetings and work on a computer for long periods of time; and is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Westmark School is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and job performance. School policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions (including genetic characteristics or information), sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, and local laws.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and your resume to:
Attn: Stephanie Braun, Director of Middle School
5461 Louise Avenue | Encino, CA 91316