San Diego, California
The University of San Diego is a nationally preeminent Catholic university known for educating students who are globally competent, ethical leaders committed to the common good and empowered to engage a diverse and changing world.
USD is dedicated to the values originally articulated by its founders, Bishop Charles Francis Buddy of the Diocese of San Diego and Mother Rosalie Hill of the Society of the Sacred Heart.
Those values are reflected in the University's rich Catholic intellectual tradition. USD's community of scholars are committed to educating the whole person—intellectually, physically, spiritually, emotionally, socially and culturally. The university provides a character-building education that fosters independent thought, innovation, integrity, analytical thinking, and an open-minded and collaborative world view.
USD welcomes and respects those whose lives are formed by different traditions, and we recognize their important contributions to a pluralistic society and to an atmosphere of open discussion and discovery, which is essential to a liberal arts education.
The University of San Diego is well-known for its dedication to global learning, sustainability and developing ethical and responsible leaders who are committed to the common good.
Study Abroad Program
- USD has been ranked among the top three universities in the nation for the past five years for the percentage of undergraduate students participating in a study abroad program, according to the Institute of International Education's Open Doors Report.
- The university is also recognized as one of the most sustainable campuses in the nation, earning a gold ranking from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education and ranking as the 14th "Coolest School" in the nation for sustainability by the Sierra Club.
Most Beautiful Campus
- Best Choice Schools ranked USD as the #1 "Most Beautiful" campus in the nation. USD's 180-acre space rests atop a mesa overlooking San Diego, Mission Bay and the Pacific Ocean. The distinctive Spanish Renaissance architecture and breathtaking views provide an idyllic environment that's endlessly conducive to learning.
The Center for Inclusion and Diversity (CID) at the University of San Diego serves the campus by coordinating, advocating, and assessing diversity and inclusion efforts across the institution. As a community of inquiry, the CID cultivates questions of difference and mutuality across curricular and co-curricular contexts. The University of San Diego holds deep commitment to developing and sustaining a diverse campus community in the broadest sense, including differences in gender, race, ethnicity, generational history, culture, socioeconomic class, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, political perspectives, geographic origin, and physical ability.
The University of San Diego's ideas — and our ideals — are big. We are a faith-based institution with a mission to roll up our sleeves and put our values into action. Our students, faculty and staff are engaged in our community and throughout the world in academic and service missions that reflect those values, rooted in the social teachings of the Catholic Church.
The University of San Diego is a vibrant place with many opportunities for personal and professional growth, including:
● Competitive salary and attractive benefits packages to include (but not limited to), medical, dental, vision, 12 percent of your annual salary retirement contribution given to you by the university, and a tuition remission program so that you and your dependents may be able to have one degree's tuition paid for.
● Computer training and professional development classes.
● On-site fitness center, free to employees.
● On-site preschool for the children of employees, students and alumni.
● Opportunities to participate in a wide range of recreation programs and campus events.
● Work/Life Balance Programs.
Learn more about working at USD, plus access our online application, details about benefits and compensation, and open faculty and staff positions.
The University of San Diego is a nationally preeminent Catholic university known for educating students who are globally competent, ethical leaders who are working and serving in our complex and changing world.